ProStart students you are eligible to apply for a $2,000 scholarship!
The deadline is April 1st, APPLY NOW
A CIA Degree: Your Ticket to Success
At the CIA, we know your life of food isn’t just a job; it’s a career. You won’t just learn how something works, but why it works. You will see what it takes to succeed not just in the kitchen or bakeshop but beyond—from food purchasing to dining room service to restaurant operations to management. By the time you leave with your bachelor’s or associate degree in either culinary arts or baking and pastry arts, you’ll be ready to follow your dreams anywhere in the food profession.
Here’s why you belong at the CIA:
- EXPERT FACULTY. Your CIA chefs and instructors have earned respect and gained experience throughout the food world. These dedicated faculty members—more than 150 across three campuses—are eager to mentor and teach you in our small class settings.
- HANDS-ON PRACTICE. No other college can match the 1,300-plus hours of experience you’ll get in our kitchens, bakeshops, and on-campus public restaurants.
- WORLD-CLASS FACILITIES. You’ll be in an ideal setting for learning at the CIA. In addition to working in the state-of-the-art teaching kitchens, bakeshop, and restaurants, you’ll attend events at the demonstration theaters and have full access to computer labs and our extensive culinary library.
- A VALUABLE CREDENTIAL. Employers look for a CIA degree because they know what that degree means. In our fully accredited bachelor’s and associate degree programs, you gain the skills, knowledge, and professionalism to succeed at your job and take on new challenges.
- AMAZING ALUMNI NETWORK. You’ll join a network of 44,000 alumni that includes industry leaders and stars such as Grant Achatz, Anthony Bourdain, Cat Cora, Dan Coudreaut, Steve Ells, Roy Choi, Johnny Iuzzini, Charlie Palmer, and Roy Yamaguchi. Plus, you will benefit from lifetime placement assistance from our Career Services Office.
A World of Opportunity: Explore It and Find Yours
Once you graduate, you’ll be more than ready to join that excitement. Like the CIA alumni you’ll have plenty of possible career paths that may even lead to higher-level management positions:
Restaurants & Foodservice Jobs
Diverse Food-related Jobs
Food Management Jobs
And much more…the possibilities are endless!
Contact Information for the CIA
The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY 12538
The Culinary Institute Of America at Greystone
2555 Main Street
St. Helena, CA 94574
The Culinary Institute of America, San Antonio
312 Pearl Parkway, Building 2
San Antonio, TX 78215